Signs & Symptoms of Disordered Eating
THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES SOME OF THE THOUGHTS, FEELINGS, AND BEHAVIOURS THAT CHARACTERIZE EATING DISORDERS:
- Overly focused on shape and size
- Responding to emotion by eating or not eating
- Restricting food intake
- Out of control or binge eating
- Purging consumed food (through induced vomiting, use of laxatives/diuretics, over-exercising, fasting)
- Loss of recognition of cues for feeling hungry or full
- Feelings of self-esteem dependent on weight, shape, or size
- Guilt and shame about eating, frequent weight fluctuations
- Depression and moodiness
- Over-exercising in an attempt to control weight
If you recognize yourself in these pages, there is hope and there is healing. You can learn to change your relationship to food and your body, and release yourself from the vice grip disordered eating has on your life.
What I am is good enough, if I would only be it openly.
- Carl Rogers
Use the ONLINE SCHEDULER to view and book upcoming session times.